Based in Vancouver, BC, Fawn Mulcahy of The Fawnz Creative Communications Ltd has worked in some of Vancouver’s best-known Public Relations agencies’ corporate environments and as a freelancer throughout her more than two-decades-long career.
From large global events to small, local arts organizations, Fawn connects brands with audiences – and more importantly, audiences with brands – through both traditional and non-traditional media.
A PR generalist, Fawn is experienced in working in everything from:
- media relations – from building the story, crafting materials, and pitching to monitoring for coverage
- content – from blog posts to web pages
- strategic development of sponsorship properties
- special events (in person and virtual)
- hospitality programs
Fawn’s experience is augmented by a long history of cheering on, leading and mentoring professionals, both in the workplace and in the classroom. She has taught students embarking on new career paths, high-performing teams, and Olympic athletes throughout her career.
She’s also been sharing her knowledge with aspiring communicators for more than 17 years as a Public Relations instructor at Langara College, Simon Fraser University – Continuing Studies and BCIT.
Most Recent Clients:
- 2022 TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival & 2023 Vancouver International Jazz Festival – Coastal Jazz & Blues Society
- Indian Summer Festival – 2020, 2021 & 2022 events – Indian Summer Arts Society
- 2018 and 2019 Vancouver User Experience Awards
- Harvest Glow and Christmas Glow Langley – annual events
- First Pick Handmade – annual curated events featuring local makers, designers and artists
- Shiny Fuzzy Muddy Collective – annual curated events
- Vancouver Christmas Market – annual holiday event in downtown Vancouver
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 – annual Board meeting held in Vancouver
Business / Not-for-Profit:
- RBC Royal Bank – Personal and Commercial Banking in Canada
- Canwest’s Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games Sponsorship (now called Postmedia)
- ChickAdvisor / Butterly – online consumer feedback platform – for product reviews and sampling
- SFU Continuing Studies – Lifelong Learning
- POWERSHiFTER – digital agency
- WE Charity – a non-profit organization based in Toronto
- Fuse & Sip – business and product launches
- Connective Support Society – community-based social services non-profit
- Seaforth Highlanders of Canada – Vancouver’s infantry regiment (volunteers)
Artists / Designers:
- Glowing: A Reproduction Production (Mary Jo Dionne, one-woman show)
- fiveleft leather – anniversary fashion show
- Adhesif Clothing – annual events
- Terminal City Glass Co-op – Halloween events
- The GALLERY GEORGE and The Parker Art Salon
- Morningstar Tattoo Parlor – re-opening in 2021
- DAUB + Design – brick-and-mortar store opening and sale events
We live and work on the traditional territories of the Tsawwassen, xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) and other Coast Salish peoples. We thank them for caring for these lands and waters since time immemorial.