As passionate as she is experienced, Fawn Mulcahy has worked for more than 25 years in agency, client-side and freelance environments as a marketing communications professional.
Her long career and specializations in sponsorship, special event management, client hospitality programs, digital communications, media relations and public relations has provided expertise on how to attend to clients from a diverse array of sectors.
And her experience is augmented by a long history of cheering on, leading and mentoring professionals, both in the workplace and in the classroom; over the course of her career, she has mentored high-performing teams, volunteers, students embarking on new career paths, and Olympic athletes.
For the past eight years, Fawn has been an instructor with Life Long Learning, SFU Continuing Studies in the Public Relations Certificate Program, instructing the Fundamentals of PR and Special Event Management. She also mentors PR, New Media Journalism, B2B and Digital Communications and Mobile Marketing students (as well as the Digital Advanced English program) with three-week practicums. Fawn has mentored over 500 students in successfully securing and completing practicum placements. She is also a presenter in the SFU Bootcamp series (Communications Planning, Sponsorship and Pitching the Media).
Previous to SFU, Fawn was an instructor with Langara College for eight years in the Public Relations program. And most recently, she joined BCIT as an instructor in the School of Business.
Current and past The Fawnz Creative Communications clients include:
- RBC Royal Bank – Personal and Commercial Banking in Canada
- 2018 Vancouver User Experience Awards – http://www.vancouveruxawards.com
- SFU Continuing Studies – Lifelong Learning – http://www.sfu.ca
- POWERSHiFTER, digital agency – http://www.powershifter.com
- First Pick Handmade- www.firstpickhandmade.com
- Terminal City Glass Co-op – www.terminalcityglass
- Shiny Fuzzy Muddy Collective – www.shinyfuzzymuddy.com
- Nifty for Fifty annual indie designer sale – www.niftyforfiftysale.com
- Glowing: A Reproduction Production (Mary Jo Dionne, one woman show www.thisisink.com
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 –www.pier21.ca
- Mina Shum (film director and writer)
- Morgan Brayton’s one-person show Give It Up (writer, producer and actor)
- The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada Foundation, Vancouver’s Infantry Regiment –www.seaforthhighlanders.ca
- Deb Leblanc – DEBFIT (book launch for THE DEBFIT METHOD – Weight Loss Secrets -www.debfit.com
- Hurdler Studios – www.hurdlerstudios.com
- fiveleft leather – www.fiveleft.ca